View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-19, 13:47

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

I'm funny with fat. I trim the fat off steaks, but love bacon. Cheese is almost a daily ritual and I could eat KerryGold grass-fed butter with a spoon (but I don't). Just about anything cooked in butter or bacon fat tastes better than if it was cooked without.

My grandparents came to the US from Italy. When I grew up we had macaroni at least 3 times a week and when I went Atkins way back wen it was difficult to give up macaroni. I ate soy-based macaroni for a while and then discovered soy wasn't good for me due to its estrogen mimicking properties.

Other than the macaroni, I could have been referred to as a meat and potatoes man. I ate salads because they were supposed to be good for me, and used red wine vinegar and olive oil for dressing (just-a like-a my mama did). But to give it taste on went the cheese, bacon bits, sunflower seeds, nuts, and other non-green items. Oh and black olives - I adore black olives (not much into the green ones though).

It was more difficult for my DW as she loved her salads, veggies, and fruit. But as soon as she gave up sugars, she no longer had recurrent female specific health irritants. So for that reason, I would say keto is really a "Woman Diet". Or in many cases it should be.

On a related note, I had bursitis in my hip, inherited from my dad (I forgave him for that) that had bugged me since I was in my 20s. When it got bad, I found the Arthritis/Bursitis diet, much of which is low carb but adds no egg yolks, fowl, and organ meat due to the high arachidonic acid content. The bursitis is merely a distant memory now. It's gone!!!

My former neighbor was walking her dog using a cane and with a limp. She was way too young for that so I suggested the diet and printed it out for her.

In two months she was walking without the cane. It worked!

About 6 months later she was using the cane again. I asked her if the diet quit working and her response was, "I just couldn't give up my fruit." To each their own, if it were me, I'd rather walk than eat fruit.

The point of this is keto should have been that woman's diet.

Bob