View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-19, 07:44

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

On the other hand, if you look outside our beautiful low-carb community seems that the salads and fruit are preferred by females and the meat and potatoes are preferred by males.

You never hear anyone say, "She's a real meat and potatoes gal".

Now I certainly didn't mean to imply that keto is a diet for men only. I just thought as a genera rule (and yes, I know generalizations have tons of exceptions) it seems to be the kind of diet a man would choose first.

Before keto, decades ago, my DW at a lot more salads, veggies, and fruit than I did, and if my circle of friends is even a rough example of the world, the only vegans I know are female, and for the other vegetarians I know the ration would be 4:1 female:male

Now I certainly don't think women aren't supposed to be keto. My DW and I are doing fine with it. And we both seem to be healthier and younger looking than our peers of the same age.

But I still think if you offer the keto diet to the average US resident, they males would be more likely to say "Meat? Cheese? Few veggies? Little or no fruit? I'm in!"

Again this is all in fun, please don't take offense.

I think if there were one diet that worked for everybody, there would only need to be one diet book. I also think "sugar is the new tobacco" and that if the world would severely reduce their sugar and high glycemic starches, most of us would be healthier. Males and females alike.

OK, have more fun with this. There is no right or wrong answer.

Bob