View Single Post
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 19:22

Plan: Atkins ish
Stats: 246/210/190 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

As you can tell from my name Crackers are kinda important to me so here is my rundown!

Scan brans from H&B taste like cardboard but I know lots of people that love 'em to death

There are various crackers for 4/5 carbs each in the shops if you look around but not much crunch for the carbs spent

Carblife sells loadsa different ones and I have tried em all - they are all ok and very low carb but not ok enough for the price!!

I tried the cheese version in the micro and they are ok but the best recipe I have tried and the most crunch for your carbs is below:

QUICK N EASY LC CRACKERS

INGREDIENTS

100g ground almonds
2tbs Xanthum Gum
dried herbs - i have used parsely, chives, oregano, basil, rosemary, garlic - all good but different.
salt and pepper to taste.
water
olive oil

CARBS

7 carbs for whole recipe
makes 16 crackers so less than 1 each carb
but I count them as 1 each cos I never quite sure about them dried herbs!

METHOD

mix all dry stuff then add a tbsp oil then mix in the water till you get a paste like texture.
roll into small balls and flatten them quite thinly on to a microwaveable plate/ plastic lid or whatever this bit can be tricky cos its really sticky!
then nuke for about 5 mins till they are crisp may take longer or less depending on micro watt.
leave to go cool - they crispen up more. (is crispen a word? i think not!)

SERVE
with philli cream cheese, pate, boursin, ham, lc jam, lc choc spread etc etc etc and ENJOY