#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-26-20, 08:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/130/150 Female 5' 1"
BF:Not anymore!
Progress: 120%
Cool I'm not exactly new...

Hi all,

I am an old member of Active Low-Carber Forums but I've been inactive for quite some time. Since I've been gone, I had gastric sleeve surgery 18 months ago. My surgeon's recommended post-op diet is low-carb, so I'm still eating the way I always did (Atkins, more or less). The restriction of the surgery helps with portion sizes, but I still find that my weight loss slows or increases, based on how carby my diet is. I think I'll always be one of those people whose body is sensitive to carbs and I'll have to control carb intake if I want to maintain my weight loss.

When people find out I've had the gastric sleeve, they say things like "Oh, now you can eat whatever you want." Well, I could but I'd just gain all the weight back, LOL. The surgery helps in one way: it restricts the volume of food I can eat at one time and helps me feel full faster. But I still have to meal plan, select nutrient-dense, lower carb foods, control snacking and grazing, limit sugar and refined carbs to occasional treats, etc.

All that to say, I've had surgery, but I'm low-carb for life.
Sponsored Links