#8   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-19, 16:07

Plan: Higher P/Moderate F + C
Stats: 152/146.6/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniggle
Most diets require that you accept being hungry....really hungry. Yes, you will lose if you create a calorie deficit by only eating the prescribed weight watcher meals...a fate worse than death.

I can eat bacon and eggs for breakfast, steak and salad for lunch, and similar for dinner, and still slowly loss or maintain at a good level. No hunger (craving now and again, but that is not hunger).

I was skeptical when I 1st tried keto 15 years ago, but it worked great.

As someone stated, the only real way to do this study would be to put the subjects in cages for a year, and feed them measured amounts of food. Any study that does not have 24/7 monitoring of the subject is invalid, because the subjects will cheat and lie.

I made it 6 years into maintenance doing this, outpacing most dieters who end up re-gaining within a year or two. I think I'm just more stubborn than most people But yeah, there was that constant hunger in the background-I woke up with it, I went to bed with it, I felt it right after my meals, it sucked and after 6 years I was completely exhausted and just couldn't do it anymore. I hit my 6 year maintenance anniversary in April and I was at my lowest point in the process-mentally I had hit a wall hard and subsequently started to see weight creep.

Transitioning to a HFLC way of eating has completely changed the game-I no longer have that hunger following me around all day, I no longer obsess about food and numbers (calories, macros, TDEE etc etc). I eat until full and then I get on with my day, it has completely changed maintenance for me!