#11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-19, 04:37

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 178/178/147 Female 5ft8.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8ty
I can only imagine how frustrating it feels to be so good about your diet for 6 months and have little to show for it (as far as scales and mirrors are concerned at least)!

You said you feel lighter and have more energy, so those are some good positives to focus on right now

Questions I hear asked a lot on these boards, but after reading some of your journal it's pretty clear you have thought of these things already:
-Are you drinking enough water?
-Are you exercising? Strength training?
-Do you have hormonal issues like hypothyroidism?
-Are you eating products with sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners?
-Have you tried upping carbs? Calories? Lowering carbs/calories?

I also found this in your journal from 2017: "So, a caution to the ladies who are loosing faith, please don't do this. Your body might need a bit more time than usual to loose, OR like me, it may be that you just need to tweak...possibly add more fat, and not watch calories in the early stages, just eat to satisfaction...all these things, which I know are all part of the rules of the Atkins diet."

I don't have much advice, but I thought I'd offer support and a reminder of what happens if you do give up...I know from personal experience that I gain my weight back only to find myself trying low-carb again within the next 6 months - 1 year, wishing I had stuck with it.

Hi K8ty,

These are important questions, which I have asked myself already, but it's always good to be reminded when you lose focus.

I tend to drink when I'm thirsty, but in the early stages I guzzled a lot but not so much now as my body doesn't seem to require it, or does it? I lift heavy weights, resistance and do some HIIT as well, love exercise, and on a positive note, I have seen very slight changes in the appearance of the cellulite where more muscle is forming, but so slow. The odd thing is the way the fat shifts in my legs, really strange.

I haven't had my thyroid checked yet, but I'm onto it and as far as lowering/upping carbs I have tried both. Because I've been so strict though since January, pretty much keto, I decided to up carbs a little bit for a week and I just bloated out ad felt horrible.

Though last weekend I gave carb-cycling a go just on the Saturday, so I had a day of eating quite a lot of carbs way past even moderate amount, and it was low fat and I seemed to have shifted weight after taking measurements - very small but it was evident when looking in the mirror also.

Artificial sweeteners, I seem to be in denial about. Admittedly, I have been baking low-carb deserts as a treat on weekends or when I'm feeling like something nice, and I figured given I'm 6 months in I should be able to add something nice now and then, but maybe I should just leave all that out and see what happens.

If I cast my mind back when I first started Atkins 11 years ago, I rarely used sweeteners - think it was one sachet of sucralose a day, I exceed that with erythritol by a long shot nowadays and should maybe dial it back or quit it cold turkey. In saying that though, I have in the past also lost weight eating sweeteners.

Oh K8ty, I totally forgot I wrote that in my journal! Maybe I shouuld have a browse there more often, and start using it! I haven't been active here for a while. A reminder from my past self, thank you!