Old Sat, Apr-18-09, 19:20
Registered Member

Plan: Kwasniewski Ratios
Stats: 225/158/145 Female 65
BF:53%/24%/20%
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisR
Thanks all for the ideas....popcorn is the one that really 'sings' for me! Can't wait to check the carb/protein counts out on the microwave popcorn that is available here (vastly limited from what is available in the USA).

Kris, forgive my ignorance, but is there an Australian Amazon? If so, you can order the Presto popcorn maker for the microwave: http://tinyurl.com/deulr4

I've had one for the last few years, and it's wonderful. It will pop with oil or without and will make about 6 cups of popcorn made from 3 tablespoons of kernels in less than 3 minutes. MUCH cheaper (literally pennies to make a batch) and frankly, much healthier. The pre-packaged microwave stuff is loaded with chemicals. If you can't get it there, maybe one of your sisters could send it - it's very lightweight. And I'm sure you can get popcorn kernels there.

And it will pop as little as a tablespoon - 2 popped cups - which is only 8 net carbs and 1.3g protein. Stir in some melted butter (with or without a smidge of shaved Parmesan cheese) and you're in business. O.M.G. -- as I wrote that I just thought of the Yacon syrup I ordered that's sitting on the counter. I bet if I poured a little into melted butter I could coat the popcorn and make caramelized popcorn balls! Okay... project for tomorrow. I've been wanting to play around with the Yacon anyway.

For those who aren't familiar with it - google. It's an incredible all-natural LC sweetener from the Peruvian Yacon root that is very, very healthy for you. A prebiotic that helps you absorb more calcium from your food, and a lot of other good things. Tastes a little like maple syrup but is really unique in taste. And is very heat stable, too.

Lisa