#5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 09:06

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Cool Homemade Whole Cream Ice Cream

Hi Bry,

Here's a copy & paste from an entry on page 3 of my journal with the "recipe" to my ice cream. I'm not great at writing out recipes b/c I don't really measure when I cook, so it's difficult for me to translate that. But these are pretty close measurments. Anyway, enjoy!

~~~~~~~BEGIN COPY & PASTE~~~~~~~~

WHOLE FAT HONEY ICE CREAM

2 Pints Whipping Cream
1-2 Tablespoons Unfiltered Honey, melted for 20 seconds in microwave

Add some of the cream to the melted honey and stir to get it all one temperature and get all honey off sides of container it was melted in. Add as much to incorporate it as needed, then DUMP all ingredients into ice cream maker (the kind no salt required, just pour and wait) and freeze to soft serve consistency. Remove and freeze unused portion for harder ice cream the next day. Eat the soft serve today it's the BEST!

When you freeze leftovers, make sure you take it out of freezer at least 15 minutes to thaw before trying to serve it. It's hard as a rock because there's no sugar or lactose to give it that soft texture. This is why it's best eaten as fresh soft serve.

VARIATIONS

"RAW" BERRY ICE CREAM

If berries are particularly sweet, no honey needed. IF you need to sweeten, usually 1 Tablespoon will do it.

1 PINT of Whipping Cream
1 PINT of Fresh Berries
Honey optional

Smash berries into liquidy chunks and dump everything into ice cream maker. Follow above notes.

COOKED BERRY ICE CREAM
(use any fruit like berries or peaches, nectarines you like)
1 to 1.5 PINT(s) Whipping Cream
1/2 CUP or so of Cooked fruit & honey slurry

Prep is same as above 2 ice cream recipes, but this cooks the fruit to make it more tastey--the recommended way. Cook up a batch of fruit of your choice in a sauce pan by smashing fruit and adding a Tablespoon of unfiltered honey, bring to boil and then simmer about 15 mintues. Let cool down or overnight in fridge. That's it, follow the other recipes for prep.

I don't generally measure stuff when I cook, so you have to experiment with your fruit amounts. I just put enough to make it look yummy, therefore taste yummy.

I know some recipes add eggs, but I have found I don't care for it with eggs in it, just a personal taste issue. Plus it's more work. I like fast stuff, want it NOW. I highly recommend eating it as soft serve. And you can make smaller quantities to eat that day instead of making a larger batch like I do, since there are 2 of us eating here.

I have the Cuisinart Ice Cream and yogurt maker and it's a wonderful thing! Makes the stuff in less than 15 minutes, soft serve that is. And the best part is, you need not use salt! Just need to freeze the maker's thick container overnight, that's all the prep needed. About $50 on sale is the cheapest I've seen it. MAcy's regularly has them on sale for $49.95, with bonuses sometimes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~