View Single Post
  #255   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-19, 08:56
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

It rained hard Saturday night and well into Sunday morning. The school track floods and the cross country path would have been a muddy mess. I opted for a 90 minute walk/jog/run workout on the hills of our neighborhood.

I jogged 2 legs of just over a mile each. Both included long, slight uphill grades. I walked much of the downhill sections in between.

On the steeper hills I did more of a HIIT workout. I didn't sprint, but I did run up those hills with a decent pace (1 to 2 minutes each interval). I was at maximum effort near the top, that's for sure. I did 9 or 10 of these rapid climbs.

A practice 10K didn't work out this weekend. That is on the agenda for this week. I'm pleased with my effort yesterday. The legs are a little heavy today. It will take a few days to recover.

Observation: Running uphill seemed to get easier over time. The first few uphill sections had my HR and respiration pegged to the max. I really felt the burn in my legs, too. After I was warmed up the uphill treks were not so much work. The legs were more tired as the workout progressed, but they didn't burn so much and my HR & respiration were within reason as I crested the top of the hill.