View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 05:14

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

I really like chicken livers, always have. I loved it on the rare occasions my mother would roast a chicken when I was a kid, because she'd simmer the giblets to make a tasty broth for gravy. She didn't make giblet gravy though, she'd pull the giblets out of the broth before making the gravy, since I was the only one in the family who wanted to actually eat the giblets.

Every now and then I start to crave chicken livers, so I'll buy some, saute them in butter, and enjoy them over the next couple of days.

I suspect the reason I crave them is their excellent folate content, since I generally only crave them when I slack off on eating leafy green veggies. If I eat some green leafies for a few days, the craving goes away, stop eating them again for a few days, the craving comes back.

Having said that, I either need to cook up the bags of spinach that are sitting in the fridge, or go buy some chicken livers. Either one is fine, but since I don't have the spinach cooked and ready to eat, I'm still thinking about chicken livers.