View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-19, 17:14

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%

10-15 net carbs in one meal? No way! Not on purpose, anyway.

And exactly: My BG rose because the day before I (accidentally) drank green tea with grain in it. (Toasted brown rice... it's a very popular and delicious drink, but I didn't know it had been served to me until it was too late.)

Today, my BG has been hovering between around 82 and 96. I'm happy with this range.

If I have dinner tonight, I'll have been fasting for 48 hours. If I wait until morning coffee, it'll be 60. I'll probably end it at dinner, because my numbers are where I want them again, and I've had some hunger today. (Not anything I couldn't get past, but enough that I almost forgot myself a few times.)

So here's a thing: Yesterday, we had a (homeschool) field trip, and a good friend wanted to hang after the show was over. "Do you want to grab lunch?" If I hadn't said, "Sure", I'd have still had to take my daughter to lunch before our Next Thing. So I said yes, and suggested a cool little place down the street.

They serve great food. We don't go as often any more, because it's not convenient, but it's really easy to find something to eat, there. For LC. For vegan. For gluten-free vegan. For... just about anything.

I told the waitress, "I'm just having tea. Give my daughter what she wants." The other two women got all concerned... I had to explain why. ("Diabetic... not on meds... Accidentally ate grains/sugar yesterday, so BG is high... no meds, so the way to control that is fasting." Highly edited version, but gist.)

And they accepted it, fine. They loved lunch -- both ordered things that I might have had, if I weren't fasting -- and eventually accepted that I was enjoying the company and didn't care about the food. (Kept pointing out that my daughter would have needed lunch, anyway -- and she was sitting at the other table, happily eating with their kids.)

I get the "don't tell anyone" advice, fully, and tried not to bring attention to it. But I also handled it in public with a minimum of fuss-and-bother. Kept putting it in terms of health, and enjoyed my tea.

Today, I sat at my desk with my Simple Girl bouillon, because nothing else tasted good, but that tasted like I couldn't get enough. Last time I stepped on the scale (AFTER a bathroom-break) I was "up 3 lbs" since morning, so I know I've been taking in enough fluids.

I've been a lot more alert, a lot less mentally-fatigued today. And, gee, my numbers are back down in double-digits.

My annoyance is I think this is going to interfere with me getting to the gym tonight. (If I have dinner, that is.) I want to make the gym a regular thing...Dunno. I'll figure it out.