#2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-22, 04:33

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi
In reality, the stock market and Big Food keep falling for fads. But very few of them prove to be durable. The ‘vege-bubble’ has already started to burst — and it does not look as if that is about to change anytime soon.

I think a lot of exploitative economic activity is exactly like that. The scandal which is talking people out of their money is no longer a discrete and personal crime. It’s global-scaled.

Also, I have not looked into the nutritional profile of fake meat, but now I wonder how many carbs…

They promise the taste of meat, and apparently it fools many. But how close does it come to actually acting like meat in our bodies?

The first three ingredients are water, mung bean protein, and brown sugar. Since we know from Diet Doctor that vegetable protein should be considered actually 30% lower than animal sources, that’s 7 grams of protein, not 10. Less than the carb count, which is 8!

Slapping this junk together is cheap. Making it taste/texture like meat is the expensive part. Every step of processing has a climate change price. So I never fell for the lie that it was “good for the planet.”

But I am certain “the plan” was to scale back the expensive part and not try so expensively hard over time to keep people buying this because it will then be cheaper. And the people in no position to know or do anything about it, much like the giant difference in eggs.

The cheap eggs now have palepalepale yolks with little nutritional value, and watery whites that just don’t have the amino acids they should. DH and I remember what real eggs taste like and we pay extra to get real eggs.

Others don’t have that advantage or knowledge.