#9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-25-16, 15:43

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang
"Your visceral fat result of 1.0kg is not good. It should be 0.4kg or less. Ideally it should be zero.
Zero is ridiculous; the organs need some protection. I also would like to know where the 0.4kg number comes from. Is it the typical amount found on a healthy person who has never been obese? If our regular fat cells reduce in size but not number (except by autophagy over a longer time range), I suspect the same is true for visceral fat.

I was just looking at your weight loss graphs and they look just like mine. Clearly the advice to get help from a registered dietician (or registered dogmatist, as I call them) would increase your fat levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang
The CEP also emailed me my results and added the following:
"Regarding your lean mass value, please refer to the following link which shows that someone of your age, sex, height & weight should have at least 49.7-54.0 kgs of lean mass, depending on which formula used (although I prefer The James Formula as it is the most recent). Your lean mass of 50.72 kg is at the lower end of your matched average population range, and therefore this would indicate that you would benefit from a strength/resistance programme to build lean mass, once you have reduced your visceral fat mass."
Bone density, frame size and muscle shape/development are partly genetically controlled. That is why there is a range of LBMs for your age, sex, height & weight. You fall within the average range, so you may already be at your ideal LBM, since you don't appear to have a large frame. Trying to achieve and sustain the middle of the range might be as impossible as aiming for the middle of the range of heights of pro basketball players.

Also, isn't water weight included in the lean mass calculation? LCHF diets are more dehydrating than the average person's, so it is normal to carry less water weight than the average, carb eating person that his targets are based on. If you drank a bottle of water right before the test, you might have achieved the magical 52kg mid-range LBM target.

I find this thread very fascinating. I had my LBM determined before and after my LC diet to normal weight via immersion tank. It was 48.4kg before and 46.6kg after losing 28kg. A friend the same age, sex & height had a LBM of 42.9kg. So a 3.7 kg difference in LBM, likely due to my larger frame size. If you think the LBM calculators for men vary a lot, you should see the ones for women. The one that best approximates my LBM involves height, weight, waist, hip, wrist, neck.