View Single Post
  #1151   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-19, 04:33

Plan: Atkins & IF
Stats: 260/213/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Just wanted to update about my bloodwork. The only thing I’ve changed since my last test a year ago is the fasting. Also, I cut first artificial sugar and then most dairy, aside from butter and cream.

And of course I didn’t listen to the advice given here on this thread. I looked into the Cholesterol code and his experiment with manipulating cholesterol numbers. But I decided against changing my routine of 24 hour fasting many days a week. And....it was a disaster. A total disaster. My A1C went down from 5.0 or 4.8. She didn’t test triglycerides because she said she knows how clean my diet is, but my HDL went down and is 62, I think. My LDL was frightening. I went from being at the very lowest end of the normal range to 10 points over the reference range. But my doctor is a rebel here and she’s low carb and...low fat. So she looks so skinny and drawn. But at least she supports and encourages low carb dieting. She explained she thinks my body is mobilizing fat. So...I’ll definitely stop fasting a week before the next time she tests me. That’s a year from now. She told me she’s not worried and doesn’t want me to change a thing. So, I’m thankful for her...but a little disappointed. Lesson learned, I guess.