Absurdtive

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272.5/174.4/165 Female 5'4
BF:44?/32.6/20
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsalmon
Hello
I am trying to read and sort through all of the good info here. I have been a faithful LCer since Thanksgiving 2012. Two years ago, my cholesterol was high (doc still waiting for my records from Mayo to arrive). So last week had blood work done and was really anticipating great numbers. Instead:
TC 334
HDL 81
TG 82
LDL 237

My new doctor a little freaked and wants me on low-fat whole grain immediately. However, no statins,etc. but another test in 3-4 months. I am wondering if the blog by Dr. Davis addresses this. The test was after about 3 1/2 months of LC...28 lb loss.

Blood pressure 100/68
All other tests perfect.
My mother and sister have thryoid problems and have always had high cholesterol.

Whew....I am taking a deep breath and staying calm!

Have you read my posts above? This is a thyroid issue affecting your cholesterol numbers--hypothyroid can cause high cholesterol in many women. Your HDL and trigs are great so you are not at risk for heart disease, but getting thyroid treatment would bring the LDL and total cholesterol numbers down. That way, your doctor could at least stop having a heart attack of his own. My numbers are even better now than they were in fall 2011. Deep breath.

--Melissa