#9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-19, 14:10

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzybeth
I wasn't sure if I wanted to post or just read posts. I thought about it a few days and feel keeping a journal of sorts here will help me. So, here I am.

Welcome Beth. As Thud said, you can feel safe here. I've hung around for a couple of years now and still feel comfortable enough.

I totally get the thing about not going out much while growing up. I was exactly the same. Got all the usual grief from everyone else about my weight, for which my coping mechanisms tended to take me towards inside activities like books, TV, computer games etc. If they can't see you, they can't hurt you, you know?

Anyway, have a look around, make yourself at home, read as much as you like, post as much or as little as you feel comfortable doing. I found a journal was a great way to keep me focused on the task at hand, since at times it can feel like things might be taking a while to come right. Just stick with the plan, allow time for your body to heal and do what it wants to do, and you never know, as CityGirl suggested, you may discover other benefits beyond just the physical weight loss as well.

Good luck!