Old Wed, Jul-10-19, 04:41

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 178/178/147 Female 5ft8.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
Do you like being alive? Obesity kills.

Both my parents died of obesity related diseases. Way too early at that. I decided that would not be my future.

In the 1970s I went on Atkins Induction (now called Keto) and lost 50 pounds in 2 years. I've fallen off a few times, gained a few, but realized that was heading me towards an early grave.

So I have some wrinkles where the skin never un-stretched. But I'm under my target weight. So my diet is limited. But I'm no longer obese, my blood pressure is a low normal, I have the heart and circulatory system of someone 20 years my junior and I'm in my 7th decade with zero prescription drugs.

My DW likes be thinner, and thinks I look better with a few wrinkles than obese.

And I plan to live to be at least 100. By then, science might figure out how to get me to 140, and by then, forever. If not, I'm going to enjoy every day I can here, and enjoy as many as I can.

Whatever your trigger foods are, tell yourself you don't eat that food any more because it will slowly poison you. Then be patient, the weight will come off.

Bob

Thank you so much for your advice.