#8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-27-20, 09:38

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Hear, hear. There are countless clinicians that we see around the 'net - MDs, dieticians, etc - who have "seen the light" because they actually started tracking their BG while eating their Healthy Carbs(tm). It's a rude awakening. Glucometer don't lie.

Some will argue that it's not the same because those donuts and cakes are far less nutritious - fine, but that's not a good reason to sugar-bomb yourself with oatmeal and corn if you can get roughly the same nutrition from foods that don't spike sugars, contain anti-nutrients, make you hungrier, etc.

I never used a glucose meter, but I could certainly tell by how I felt that the "healthy" carbs weren't helping matters.

The thing is when I first switched from the truly bad for you carbs (donuts, cake, cookies, chips, etc) to the "healthy carbs", I noticed some improvement in how I felt, since there are some nutrients in those which I was certainly missing in the junky carbs. That provided enough improvement that it led me to believe I was on the right track, at least at first.

It took a while to realize that although they weren't as bad as the junky carbs, they certainly were no holy grail to feeling good, and truly almost as bad as the junky carbs.