View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-13, 04:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251.9/179.8/160 Female 5'6 inches
BF:43%/40%/31%/28.8%
Progress: 78%

I came to this site for Low Carb support, but i saw this and had to respond. In July 2012 my husband and i (after trying for 4 years) finally went to the doctor to see why we couldn't get prego. Before anything else he said we must do the basics. A. Quit smoking and B. lose weight. We picked our electronic cigarette kits (which he actually recommended) with 2 cigarettes left in our packs. 1 was for the ride home (the shop was 40 minutes away) and the other was for after our dinner that night. Since that day we haven't picked up an anolog cigarette since! After 2 weeks using them we didn't wake up coughing, and i could take a deep clean breath without my lungs or chest hurting. It was AMAZING.

Sure you may still be addicted to nicotine, but the beauty of it is, you can gradually step down just like the patch or the gum to less and less nicotine. We started at 24mg nicotine and are down to 6mg nicotine... eventually we hope to just be smoking them for the hand to mouth habit. It has been such an amazing experience for us and anyone having trouble kicking it the cold turkey way, i recomend them 1000000%. There are many brands and styles to chose from and most people start out with something over priced and resembling a cigarette. (i did) eventually you realize you just want something that is good quality and works. We use the Ego-c Twists with variable voltage and the kanger t2's and t3 clearomizers. They work perfectly and are very long lasting. In addition to the reduction in horrible toxins. Trace amounts of nicotine are found in tomatoes, eggplant, cauliflower, and potatoes (i realize negligable) but consumtpion of large quantities does allow you to get part of this nightshade family toxin, and therefore lowering the "dose" we take of nicotine was something we wanted to do. Small amounts actually have a few benefits, like less risk of Alzheimer's, less ulcer flair ups and can help with blood vessel growth (common problem for diabeties sufferers is circulation, this helps that). I'm not promoting it, but i'm just saying it's not ALL horrid. It's those other chemicals that are the most deadly. I figure if i cut out everything else and am just getting low dose nicotine and water vapor with flavoring, i'm doing a lot better than smoking anolog.

I just want to tell others out there after 10 years for me smoking and 15 for my husband it worked for us. Sure someone might walk by after smoking a cigarette and smell like the krispy cream drive thru to you, but for the most part it's a great deterent and idle hands are the devils work so while i'm smoking it i don't eat as much. It has been a savior on my L/C induction.

Good luck and well wishes to anyone trying to quit and trust me once you see that extra 100-200$ cash flow each month for new clothes your gonna wanna stick with it! If you need info on great place to buy vampingme .com is a wonderful company with great customer service and free fast shipping over $30 or more!