View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Dec-22-09, 07:03

Plan: raw food / paleo
Stats: 233/172/130 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 59%

By the way, it is best to keep it really simple at first. There is no need to eat raw meat - you can get all your protein needs from a vegan raw diet. I used to slice frozen liver and fish and eat it quickly but I no longer do this. I eat a little sushi from time to time, but I really don't need it. If you don't though, you will need a B12 supplement - sublingual is best absorbed.

I have some great and easy recipes. I found the ones in Rainbow green to be too complicated with exotic ingredients unavailable in Canda. Victoria Boutenko has some good basic ones. Check out the Sunny Spread. But the Idiots guide to Raw food will give you everything you need to get started.

As for fermented food, many raw teachers do not recommended it. You must soak most nuts and seeds before consuming to get rid of the substances that impede proper digestion, and the is indeed oxalic acid in raw spinach and other dark greens. I still think a little fermented food is ok - everything in moderation though. I think it's a wise motto especially for the Newbie. In time, by experimentation and with ideas from people like capmikee, vivid lily and other who will no doubt post her for you will discover what works for you and what does not. So, for now, a blender. The Vitamix is outrageously expensive, so if you are not sure you will remain on this, get a cheaper blender to start for about $50 or less from the Wal-Mart. Then later, you can add appliances one by one. I have found the dehydrator allows me occasional treats such as raw, grain free cookies and breads. It keeps things interesting. I have mine going most days of the week.

Again, message me anytime - I will be delighted to help.

April