#19   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-16, 08:08

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflammabl
Oh sure. Acetone is the most variable ketone and I have little doubt that adding another source of energy would affect its production and utilization. Also, to a ketone meter, I could easily see it confused by Ethanol, i.e. get a bincorrect reading. Oddly in another thread someone is arguing that alcohol is used before acetone. But then they say that "kicks us out of ketosis" (whatever that means) which means NO acetone produced.... Which way is right? I have no idea and I believe there is a lack of data (but much conjecture) on the topic.

I personally like the spike shown up there. It means there were more ketones after drinking wine, if the meter was right. Does that mean to increase ketosis we should drink more wine? Dunno. Maybe I should go on a wine augmented diet.

I read a discussion in another blog topic regarding ketosis and breathalyzers. The concern was that in ketosis, the breathalyzer reading could be unusually high, and if coupled with one or two drinks, which normally would keep one under the legal limit, would result in a high reading putting one in a DUI situation. I think it bears testing . . .