View Single Post
  #171   ^
Old Sat, Aug-06-16, 14:55

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%

Wow, just got a chance to read through this entire thread (I'm supposed to be prepping for Fall Semester, so of course I'm here). I have to say that you are a great inspiration to me, and I can't wait to be where you are.

I especially liked your Atkins quotes in your original post -- it's very important to understand that we don't become "normal" once we lose the extra weight, and that we can never, ever, eat a SAD, or stop being vigilant every single day. Ever.

Lately people have noticed my weight loss (not as quick as yours, but still averaging 9-10 pounds per month), and ask me how long I can eat this way. My reply is forever -- I plan on eating this way forever. Even when people get seriously interested, I continue to caution them that it only works as a permanent way of life.

I think that some of the pushback I read here about your calorie count is because it's scary to some people -- they like low carb because they're afraid they'll get hungry, or afraid their metabolism will slow down, or just don't think it's sustainable long term. I think that is natural, and I don't blame people for being concerned.

But what I've discovered is that staying in the very low carb range, in ketosis, and "accidental" (and now purposeful) intermittent fasting makes you "accidentally" a low calorie eater. I don't count calories, but when I put my choices in a calculator, I'm typically in the 800-1200 calorie range (sometimes higher) -- and that is eating to satiety, when I'm eating. I don't add too much extra fat because I'm trying to get my body to use it's own, so that also lowers the calories. I'm definitely not trying -- it just happens naturally.

I actually like that we can maintain our bodies healthfully on much less food. The planet could sustain more of us if we just ate less.

Anyway, congratulations again, and I hope to see you on the other side of maintenance land. Kat