View Single Post
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-08, 08:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/285/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 33%

Good Morning! I've got some quiet time before I get the day started!

Oh, I envy a new stove!!! The one that came with this house is terrible. Only one big burner works - the one in the back. If I'm using a big pan, I can't use the other burners! And none of the burners are level! I want a new stove, I've got one picked out and am saving for it! I have an electric stove now but I'm going to see about getting a gas stove next! It won't be difficult to add a line since the gas dryer is just on the other side of the wall. I would rather cook on gas!

We did have to get a new microwave right before the holidays. I got a combo one with convection and a fast bake feature that I just love! Well worth the extra money!

I'm sorry to see so many people struggle with plans that don't work for them but yet are unwilling to try this one. I've not been real successful the last few months but that's because I haven't made the best choices not because of the plan. I'm back on track and doing great so far. I plan to make this the most successful year for me!

I think I've found a breakfast that will work for me without going against the rules of CAD. It's a protein shake without the protein powder (made this by accident the other day!) and a portion of either meat, chicken or eggs. This way I feel like I'm "eating" and I'm not using the protein powder which is not recommended for a CM. The recipe for the shake contains other nutrients so I think I'll be fine with it and it's plenty filling!

We don't eat out much so it's not much of an issue for me. My DH is out of town a lot and had gotten into the habit of wanting pizza for dinner on his first night home. I told him that was not going to happen this weekend! We need to find an alternative. Even though I can easily make that my RM, I have portion control problems with pizza. I don't ever crave it but if it's here, I can't leave it alone. So I'm going through recipes for ideas that will please him and be easy for me to incorporate into my plan.

I'm dropping all the bad habits I've drifted into the last several months and so far it's going well! I've also made some plans to shake up the workouts!

Guess I better go get some breakfast before I get too much more hungry!