View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Sat, May-09-20, 13:53

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Thanks Thud. If I call myself "Doctor" it will probably sell too!

WereBear, I started avoiding wheat because of the carbs, not the gluten as I knew nothing about that. I was still doing soy because I hadn't found out about the hormonal problems until I joined this or another LC forum.

The dairy intolerance went away immediately. I didn't know until I went out to eat, didn't bring my lactase pills, and had something with cheese expecting to pay for it later that evening. I was surprised, and I eat dairy almost daily now.

Presently I don't eat either wheat or soy and I avoid anything that is GMO if I can.

I have nothing against GMO if they used it to make the food more nutritious. Instead they use it to let the crops withstand spraying of copious amounts of "round up" and "agent orange" herbicides, which the European Union calls carcinogens. I really don't want to eat something that may give me cancer.

And since the weeds evolved to resist round-up and agent orange, becoming super-weeds, the farmers need extremely higher doses of round-up and agent orange to kill them. Anyone can see where this is going. Monsanto and Dow love it. $$$

Most US corn has an insecticide spliced into the genome. It makes the intestines of the insects explode, killing the insect. And they tell me it's safe for me to eat? I don't believe them. They told us DDT was safe too.

If I can, I buy organic. Sure it costs more, but I'll give up new fashions, cable TV, dining out, Air conditioning, or anything else I can to avoid eating poison. After all, if it kills the bugs, it's not good for me either. Re-read "Silent Spring" if you doubt it. It may be 50 years old, but still relevant.

It must be working. I'll be 74 this summer and am on zero meds, and I rarely get sick (one cold every 15 years or so is it).

I guess I'm hijacking my own thread.

One day later, and my stools are still normal. The brushing off 90% of the xylitol, fiber, and one activated charcoal cap did the trick.

But we won't be using it when these are gone. Avoiding the problem is always better than the cure.

I prefer charcoal to OTC 'medications'. No side effects except if you take too much, you may have constipation. That's why I only took one cap.

Bob
Sponsored Links