View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-13, 20:40

Plan: Whole Foods Atkins
Stats: 178/168/150 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 36%

I do think exercise is becoming more important, at least for me. However, the scale often does not go lower, building muscle. But I am now able to wear clothes I wore previously in my 140's...and I am not that!
Yesterday I went exploring x-country ski trails at University of Alaska. The trails are well used, groomed and often the site of world class racing championships. So there I was on my 35 year old Norwegian wooden Bonnas (a couple college students commented on my "cool retro" skiis)! But I am not in any kind of race or competition...just enjoying a warm, sunny spring with some lovely snow and hills. Nordic skiing works the thighs, legs, knees, upper body, etc. Unfortunately, I took a wrong turn and ended up in a 26K trail system. Took me 2 1/2 hours to find my way back. I felt it today! So rested and went swimming and soaked in the hot tub. Hopefully I will be ready to go tomorrow...Spring skiing only lasts about three more weeks. It is a great workout and fun too. Well...will see where this goes!