#51   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-06, 14:41
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%
Smile

Sorry I haven't been around since Wednesday but I have felt really lousy the last couple of days. I didn't wake up until nearly noon on Thursday and had to go into town to get my nails done. I met Derek for a coffee and then we went home. He dragged me into the pub for one drink (which I didn't really want) but I hadn't been in for a while and people were asking how I was.

Getting up early again yesterday to go for the test nearly killed me. I felt so bad that I asked Derek to take me in and bring me home afterwards so I could rest (rather than just kill time in town). He came back to get me 5 hours later for the scan.

I got the "correct" radioactive iodine this time It appears that there was a batch fault and that was why they didn't have it on Wednesday. I got this lot in some water. Actually it doesn't taste too bad, considering They told me that when I went back for the scan they were going to develop it straight away so the doctor could have a look and decide what to do next.

I had the scan and then we sat in the waitng area for about 20 minutes while they processed the results. We were then called down to his office. The thyroglobulin had fallen from 100 before surgery to 1. They showed me a picture where there was a tiny dark bit in the area where my thyroid is/was. That showed that it had taken up some of the radioactive iodine. To try to tell if this was "normal" thyroid tissue or cancerous they asked if I could go across to the RVI (Royal Victoria Infirmary) for an ultrasound. We rushed over there and I had the test. The piece of thyroid is 4.3mm long and appears to be "normal" tissue. Dr Mallick will now decide what to do next. He seems to think that it will still be a good idea to have the radioactive iodine treatment on Tuesday as it will "knock out" any cancer cells (or should do). They will then keep an eye on my thyroglobulin levels just to make sure that thyroid tissue is not regenerating itself. I will find out on Monday exactly what is happening.

I haven't done anything today. I had an awful nights sleep and so just stayed in bed when Derek got up.

We're going out for Sunday lunch tomorrow and we're taking my mother with us. It will make a nice change.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs