View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-10, 12:49

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 250/195/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Golden Cornbread

I have a grain mill and I grind popcorn to make my cornbread because it’s very low carb compared to regular cornmeal. 3 tablespoons of popcorn has 25 carbs and 5 grams of fiber. Ground up 3 tablespoons of popcorn will make 1/3 cup of meal. But you can buy whole-grain cornmeal at a health food store that has the same carb count.

I am the only one in my family who does low carb and they prefer this cornbread to the high carb cornbread that I used to make.

Golden Cornbread

3 cups-(12ounces) almond flour
2/3 cup-(3-1/2ounces) popcorn meal
1/3 cup Splenda
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 cup LC milk

Put a cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat the oven and the skillet to 425°

Mix the dry ingredients together, make a well in the middle. Add oil, eggs, and milk in the well and mix with a wire whisk. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to give the ingredients time to hydrate.

Take the hot skillet out of the oven and place it on the stove over high heat. Put just enough oil in the skillet to swish it around good and heat the oil.

Pour the batter into the hot pan and place it in the oven and bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Sponsored Links