View Single Post
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 15:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

A little over a year ago, my Uncle died [at age 51.] The night I found out about his death [I didn't know what caused his death at the time,] I went to the All-You-Can Eat Buffet and ate probably half my weight in Carbs. A few days later, I helped carry his casket as they put it in the ground.

In the coming months, I found out his official cause of Death was Hypertension. I believe, nay am sure, his condition was caused by his eating mostly low-calorie/low-fat crap [for years] that had been loaded with Sugar and Salt to replace the lost taste. He always thought he'd lose weight eating that way...Instead it killed him. Not long after I found out what caused his death, I went on Atkins...at the suggestion of a friend.

I wish he had still been alive when I went on Atkins. I'm sure I could have gotten him to try it and his health would have greatly improved. Atkins reversed my High Blood Pressure and gave me very good Cholesterol, Triglycerides, and Blood Sugar. I am sure, given the chance he could have done the same and maybe lived another 20-30 years.