View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Jul-05-09, 21:16

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Ann, oddly enough my blood pressure is up too (but was lower when doing just the blending type meals and I wasn't craving meat...lost the craving completely) and I can't seem to figure out what is going on... I know if I consume processed foods like sausage or too much salt (like I did in my beans today), my feet swells and my blood pressure spikes! Thanks for the recipe, I do a flax bread that is similiar...

The odd thing is that my blood pressure was high when I went to the doctor around November and I didn't think anything about it at that time. However, since starting hormones it has been spikes so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

I need to go to the doctor and have some testing done!

I like the higher carb ranges too...for the past two days I have been eating every 2 hours to stop the insulin spikes that I was having and that has been working. However, I feel a bit sedated (not as light as when I do the blending and then two light meals) on the carbs...had 1/4 cup of oatmeal for breakfast...and 2 cups of pinto beans for dinner and salad... It ended up being 83 carbs but perhaps my body is just not used to that many carbs...or all that protein...really not sure!

It is a struggle trying to figure out what works, especially now with these things going on...

TJ