View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jul-05-09, 05:36
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 250/245/175 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Kapri, I think you are on the right track with your carbs. Each person seems to have a different optimum level they can tolerate without negative side effects. I have heard of the blood type book and looked at the website. According to them a type O needs to eat more protein. I just have to figure out the right ratio of carbs to protein to fat for my body. I read the entire thread on Dr K's diet all the way from when they started it on the fructose thread. I tried that ratio with more fat and less protein but it didn't work at all for me. It set me up for more cravings and I gained weight, though I still like the idea of consuming less protein. Maybe that's why I gravitate towards Schwarzbein and South Beach. They both promote lots of veggies, monounsaturated fats and not too much protein. Several doctors I know, both personally and professionally, have recommended South Beach and I do trust their judgement. I've never heard of the Hauser approach, but since I rarely see my regular doctor ($ problems...) I'm not about to get involved with something like that. I'm hoping that by cutting out gluten completely, avoiding dairy for the most part, and getting the right balance of carbs to protein and fats I will be able to shed this weight and feel good while I'm doing it.