View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-17-15, 22:24

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Hi,

IMO every way of eating has it's proponents that slam the opposite way, kwim? And all of them are convincing. I dare you to search youtube. Or even google scholar

I'm not 100% vegetarian or anything, but I do have a lot more plant foods than a strictly LC approach would allow. I think it's doable without using much dairy or meat. I am 100% off of grains, beans and potatoes. I keep my proteins to about 40g daily or less, and calories under 1,500. The losing is much slower this way, but I'm ok with that.

I eat a couple of eggs a day with veggies; one meal is usually a salad with avocado, tomato, slivered almonds and some goat cheese (you could omit); dinner might be a piece of fish, chicken or other meat, more veggies, and half a piece of fruit. Snacks are nuts, sliced pepper, cucumbers, etc.

Give it a shot...use a nutrition tracker of some sort so you see what you are getting.

BTW, just anecdotal, but I have a lifelong friend who has been as close to 100% organic/vegetarian since the age of 25. She won't even use lotion or shampoo that isn't organic...very very little dairy....and she had colon cancer at the age of 59. My cousin, also a vegetarian, had breast cancer. So going vegetarian isn't going to guarantee anything. Just saying'.

If I could go 100% vegetarian (as I was from age 18 to maybe 37) I would. It just doesn't work for a diabetic though. No starches for me.

Anyway, do your research (who knows what studies/size studies/funding for said studies were used for these films) and don't make life-altering decisions based solely on opinions of guys who make movies.

Wish you the best!