View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 05:38
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Oh my, this is a timely thread for me. I kid you not, I could barely get my freezer door closed yesterday when I returned from the store. I also have a chest freezer in the basement, but I generally just keep it for "overflow." It's not even half full. Newer duplicates will go downstairs to the chest freezer, and older stuff stays upstairs.

I've been off work for the last 3 weeks, and I cooked up a storm. I'm back full-time tomorrow. My SAD tends to go into full gear this time of year, so I do like making sure I have lots of decent food ready to go. I work shift and I prefer having easy dinners... but then I'll get a second wind after work, decide I want (x) for dinner, and stop off at the store to buy stuff and cook anyway. Is this what they call cognitive dissonance?

Because today's a holiday and electricity is cheaper, I'll be doing some cooking, prep and cleaning - but I'll be working overtime tomorrow and Friday, so I want to plan ahead and actually commit to it and not make another trip to the store.

Today: meatballs and mashed cauli/rutabaga - from fresh
Tomorrow: leftover veggie mash, plus beef and gravy from the freezer, already cooked - just needs to be heated up!
Friday: leftover veggie mash, plus either chicken or pulled pork from the freezer, already cooked - just needs to be heated up!