#18   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-17, 07:21

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
So the strangest part of this 'experiment' is that I learned that I may be able to deviate from the plan on occasion -- but I choose not to. I have enough trouble keeping my eating under control with the foods that I do consider on plan. I know that if I started throwing off-plan goodies into the mix on a regular basis I would come to regret that decision.

It's a little different for me in that I never in my life really cared very much that I was overweight, even after I became obese. Until a couple of years ago when I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes, I could not see that it was doing me any harm. Even then, it was "pre" diabetes, not "diabetes", so I just quit drinking coke, started buying "healthy bread", my weight went down a bit and stabilized and I figured I was OK. I was only recently forced to admit that I was mortal like everyone else lol. All these side effects of the diabetes just creeped up on me along with my A1C and I suddenly realized I was in a world of hurt.

As I understand it, many of these low carb diets permit you, at some point, to reintroduce more cabs back into your diet. I plan to try that once I reach my target weight. That does not mean I plan on going back to my old WOE that made me obese to begin with.

My wife and I have tried to grow a little mini Garden of Eden and we have nourished and loved these wonderful fruit trees we have growing in our yard. This year we had a bumper crop of the sweetest, juiciest peaches you ever put to your lips that ripened just as I started my low carb diet and I only got to eat one peach. To think I could never again eat any of those peaches, or a slice of fresh baked apple pie, or have a slice of watermelon on a hot summer day, I think I'd just say screw it and let my food kill me.

My goal at this point is to get well and to eventually adopt a WOE that will permit me to enjoy just enough of my garden without gaining weight. To find a proper balance between near total abstinence, (20 carbs a day), and the diet that made me sick to begin with. I really want to be able to eat more than one of those peaches next year