#24   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-18, 09:42
Registered Member

Plan: 4 corners
Stats: 203/190/135 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress:
Default diverticulosis stuff

hi, just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth on this irritating, and sometimes devastating , disease. I was diagnosed 5 years ago...thru trial and error I discovered a few triggers; worst ones, corn, nuts, and seeds. so don't let the bigshot doctors tell you its ok for everyone. heavily spiced things are not good either. so by being very strict and using a combination of Metamucil, raw garlic, and garlic pills daily, I went three years with no problem. got a little lax and added in nuts and some spices, (which I love) and paid the price...had to go on those two horrible drugs, Cipro and flagyl. so having been told to go on low residue diet for awhile, I have decided to stay on low residue diet. I eat NOTHING with seeds...bananas and applesauce for fruit, peaches, mangos, ect. I eat a little white bread, cream of wheat, cooked vegies, in other words very bland diet. to my Metamucil, I have also added chamomile tea, slippery elm bark, and my garlic regime has stayed...we will see how this works. I was on low carb but causes constipation which is very bad for this disease...so sorry, not on lowcarb anymore as I will do anything I have to to keep diverticulitis at bay.