#8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-19, 22:48

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaQ
I am 11 days into Induction and really enjoying this WOE because I am NEVER hungry. Is this wonderful appetite suppression something that will go away with time on the plan?

I have read that one gets fat adapted after ~6wks of ketosis. How does that happy state play into the appetite suppression if at all?

Right now I feel like I could do this WOE in perpetuity, but I suspect I might be enjoying some kind of honeymoon period...

My LOONNNNGGGG experience doing this has shown me that appetite suppression continues AS LONG AS YOU STAY ON TRACK AND DON'T EAT THE WRONG FOODS!!!! No sugar or junk should pass your lips!

The truly magic and wonderful thing about Atkins is what Dr. Atkins used to call "The Atkins Advantage", and this is exactly what you are
experiencing....suppression or more accurately, normalization of appetite, and none of those pesky cravings. The beautiful thing about this is that it makes it so much easier to lose weight precisely because of the muted appetite and less than zero cravings. I find myself indifferent to the junky sweet foods that always tempt me continually when I'm eating higher carbs. With low carb eating, I just become indifferent to those foods when I see or smell them. It becomes something like "Oh...there's a chocolate covered donut...meh, I don't care, so what." And I don't buy it and eat it!!! And I don't even debate with my fat, sugar-loving inner self about eating "just one" because I don't care about eating it and I fully realize that it's a step backwards that will put me out of ketosis and thus stop weight loss. Every successful day that I have.....I don't want a donut or some other bit of junk to set me back several days. I want to keep moving forward, not going back and forth like a rat on a tread-wheel.

So the short answer is: Just don't change your eating and the honeymoon can last as long as you want it to!