#80   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-17, 07:35

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
The 250mg initial does gave my my first flush ever. I didn't turn red, but I felt a pretty good buzz there for about 30 minutes. My head and scalp in particular had a nice warm glow. To be honest, it was not a bad experience. It was weird, but almost pleasant.

Welcome, Ken!

Sometimes I get the "itchy flush" but it's rarely very bad -- more tingly. And now: a faint tingling that lasts only seconds. Rarely.

My skin does feel wonderful afterwards, too.

I think the flush in niacin freaks many people out. They get a reflexive "this must be bad!" mental reaction, and don't want to explore it any further. Look at all the preparations that promise people won't flush! Which are, ironically, the types which cause liver complications.

The doctors in the book emphasize that the B complex, B3, and Vitamin C should be taken three times a day because these are water-soluble vitamins and the body does not store them. Perhaps this is why the no-flush preparations are not as good: they are not working in the body naturally.

I am in my third week of the therapeutic dosing, and my calm mood is amazing. I've just come off of literally years of incredible stress, which might be why I am responding so well to 3g a day.