View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-03, 18:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

First of all, Further, congratulations on achieveing your goal. 100 pounds lost. Wow!

I don't really think this thread belongs in the Turtle Club which is for people who lose EXTREMELY slowly.

I think the main thing to change is your mind: low carbing is NOT a diet. It is a way of eating for the rest of your life. One cannot just go back to eating 'whatever you want" without gaining back weight you DON'T want.

The high carb way of eating just puts fat back on, just as it did before you started LC.

If you have an Atkins book, please go and read the section on Maintenance. That doesn't mean you never have a high carb treat, just that it is a fairly infrequent choice for you.

You obviously lost very well on lc, so why not go back to it? Lisa is right about needing fibre: veggies, salads, even fruits at your level. You can also take psyllium capsules, ground flax seeds, flax oil.

It may be that you need to take some natural laxatives like Lactulose (prescription) or daily doses of Senokot. BUt do consult your doctor about this. If you don't have the constipation problem when not on LC, then just upping your carbs (whole grain cereals and LC breads, fruit) might do it.

(I don't suppose that what you mean is that you don't have a solid bowel movement? I mean diarrhea. That is still a bowel movement although it might seem to be mostly liquid. The way to manage that is the same psyllium capusles as for constipation. I need one daily when on LC.)

I hope that you can settle back into doing LC. Be patient and lose the last pounds slowly so that you can get used to this as a way of eating forever.