Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction/CALP
Stats: 142/137/125 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyress
Hi Alice,

I didn't lose on McDougall's Maximum Weight Loss Plan. In fact, I had severe reactive hypoglycemia on it from the starches.

I've read Esselstyn, McDougall, Fuhrman, The China Study, etc. Not sure I buy all they have to say.

I sure don't agree with the factory farming practices in the U.S. They are unusually inhumane and cruel. So much for being civilized.

However, I would suggest you listen to one of Jimmy Moore's podcasts. It's a recent one with Kevin Brown, creator of the Liberation Diet. It makes it a little clearer why we have to even be careful with vegetables and fruits as they are sugar. There is some "God" stuff in there but you can always ignore that if it offends you.

I have lived and breathed those authors you mentioned for the last year. I certainly did want to believe that they were right about treating disease with diet. But I told you what my problems were in my first post.

Thank you so very much for the podcast link, Vampyress. I look forward to listening to it.

As for eating meat and dairy, which I now think I almost have to do (I'm still going to try the vegetarian recipes), there is a local farm that raises beef and poultry humanely, and maybe I can cough up the extra bucks to get my food that way.