Old Sun, Jun-01-14, 16:07
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCM
You're doing great, Jo! It's interesting that your level is 14g carbs. After so long of thinking that 20g was the point where you'd lose weight, I suspect my own CCL is below that as well. At <10 I'm losing quite nicely, steadily, and only hanging at a particular weight for a couple of days rather than for days on end. At 20-25g I would also pop up and down in weight.

Anyhow, I credit YOU, Jo, with inspiring me with what to do this time around and things are going beautifully!

Awwww shucks, Carole **hugs** I am so glad things are working out so well for you!!! I keep trying to tell people that A '72 is the way to go...

Here's the deal with higher carb levels like in the newer versions of Atkins:

Too many carbs (even if it is considered a LC WOE) and you negate the entire LC WOE benefits such as weight loss and hunger suppression. The lower the carbs, the faster you shed the pounds and the less hungry you are. The less hungry you are the less kcals you eat, the more weight you lose. It's a pretty remarkable cycle and the reason the LC WOE is so remarkably successful for those who follow the plan w/o cheats.

A lot of people can't handle more carbs, that's why they are frustrated when you go read the threads about other versions of Atkins -- especially those that are experimenting with the recipes and/or using Atkins franken-food processed products. They can't get into ketosis which is what makes us less hungry and what makes A '72 work so brilliantly for those of us that are following it to a T. I'm like preaching to the choir now aren't I, Carole? Sorry!! But can I get an AMEN??

That's why Dr. A in his ultimate wisdom back in the 1972 version started everyone at "biologically zero" carbs on Level 1. It detoxed all the carbs from your system and started making over your body into "fat-burning" machines.