#299   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-22, 09:57

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
"Yes it is about calories, but calories are downstream of food selection. WHAT YOU EAT DETERMINES HOW MUCH YOU EAT.” I don’t count calories but do not have to if I eat the 4 pounds of food in the first example, not the "Keto" meal.

The Protein Leverage Hypothesis by Raubenheimer and Simpson informs the P:E method, and it is a very sound way to understand why those who don't initially eat enough protein eat to excess to get what they need, often substituting far too many calories from carbs and fats. However, that "keto" meal example is one of the most distorted forms of keto I've come across. I understand the need to discourage overeating of fat based on the P:E approach, and it illustrates the shortcomings of poorly designed keto meals. Yet, many have flourished with a way of eating that produces ketones endogenously without overeating fat or carbs or both. A recent (April 2022) video with Rhonda Patrick and Dom D'Agostino addresses various applications and forms of a ketogenic approach very nicely:
https://www.foundmyfitness.com/epis...nic-dagostino-2

In the interests of keeping our minds open, I like to understand the benefits of different and healthy eating approaches and adapt what works for me without diminishing what may work much better for others.