#59   ^
Old Wed, Jul-15-20, 04:12
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi-
the last post I made on this thread was in 2019. Now it's 2020- and I'm posting again for my anniversary. I would love to see others who are maintaining- come on out and let's talk about it and support each other.
E
I can't believe I'm writing this post on my 17th anniversary of starting CALP and the LC way of life. I'm posting as a way to acknowledge this anniversary, to give myself a hug for this achievement, and maybe even to provide support for others. We hear~so much on this site about losing weight and not too much about maintaining this as a way of life. It has been an AMAZING journey.I am in my sixties, and my healthy~body gives me the ability to have the kind of life I want. I feel good, have lots of stamina and energy, and the kicker is that I think I look good too.~ I feel so right and~so "normal" eating LC and that's what keeps me motivated and keeps me on plan. I actually weigh less now than I have at any time in the 17 years since starting CALP and while the number on the scale and my size is less important to me than my health, this is still amazing to me. I am so grateful to all the doctors, scientists and researchers, authors, and fellow LC followers who have made this all possible. I give the credit to low~carb and the~CALP plan by the Hellers- and Dr. Atkins and Dr. Eades and Dr. Westman and writers like Gary Taubes -~ I know it saved my health~and possibly my life.I still stay on plan everyday- I have read enough on this site to know that getting off plan is a very slippery slope that can possibly end up with me in trouble. For me trouble would be diabetes, heart disease and other chronic health issues. For me, staying OP seems easier than getting back OP if/after I've fallen off- so despite the discipline and determination needed to stay OP - I stay the course. Trust me- I have every excuse in the~book ( that little voice talks to me in my head) to~eat carbs and more carbs all day- but I can talk back to that little voice and tell myself that my~health is worth the sacrifice. Plus I can always have that carb as part of my carb meal if I want it then. That way I don't feel too deprived. Being home all the time because of Covid-19 really limits my food choices, as I'm only going food shopping every two weeks and not eating out at all. I focus on getting plenty of protein and veggies and basics (for me) like eggs and~H&H, and keep the carbs to~stuff I really like to have with my~dinner.I still eat mainly protein for both breakfast and lunch, with dinner having salad/protein/veggies/carbs. Since the Covid-19 crisis, my meals are simpler. Breakfast is typically iced coffee with H&H, then an egg with turkey bacon, or smoked salmon or avocado. Lunch is cottage cheese and nuts. I try to drink water all day, and I do treat myself to a club soda~in the afternoon.Dinner has become an activity to prepare and then a second activity to eat. I make enough for two dinners each evening and have the second meal the next day. Typically I change the carb or add a different~veggie for the leftover meal. Today dinner was a salad with homemade dressing, two small chicken and feta sausages, cucumbers and yogurt, a piece of french bread with feta cheese,~ with water to drink. I do have an alcoholic beverage a couple times a week- either a cocktail~of a glass of wine or very infrequently a beer- and that is my carb for that meal.~
I still walk everyday- usually for an hour or~ 90 minutes. I was going to a gym, but now I try to do some easy weights at home and try (not always successfully!) to do a plank a day. I am very thankful for my health and try to be grateful and not take my health for granted- I credit low carb for my continued health and general sense of well being.
I don't post much anymore- I have found that Maintaining gets pretty boring.But I really wanted to celebrate my 'Planniversary' by posting. Thanks for reading this- and thanks for being part of this site and this WOL.