Thread: Carnivore!
View Single Post
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-19, 03:44

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

here is some interesting info copied from a site I visit.

-------
Forget juice cleanses and detox diets. While there’s probably nothing wrong with drinking your weight in liquid kale, it won’t flush out toxins any faster than if you were eating, you know, actual food.

The good news: There’s a little-known way your body does cleanse itself, and it’s a process you can optimize.

All you need to do is practice a little self-cannibalism.

What?

Autophagy.

you can actually train your body to eat itself — and, believe it or not, you want it to.

It’s a natural process called autophagy (the word literally means “self-eating”). It’s one way your body cleans house. In this process, your cells create membranes that hunt down scraps of dead, diseased, or worn-out cells; gobble them up; strip ’em for parts; and use the resulting molecules for energy or to make new cell parts.

In one 2012 study on mice, researchers found that autophagy protected against:

cancer
neurodegenerative disorders
infections
inflammatory diseases
aging
insulin resistance

Another study from that year showed how a lack of autophagy can be harmful.

It’s our ancestral and evolutionary response to dealing with feast and famine in times of stress,” Champ says. “Since a lot of these things would kill us, like starvation and exercise, it only makes sense that after millions of years we adapted those mechanisms to make them positive.'

3 ways to achieve this are:

be in ketosis....“Ketosis is like an autophagy hack,” Champ says. “You get a lot of the same metabolic changes and benefits of fasting without actually fasting.”

add in some fasting time. Skipping some meals is another stressful act that the body may not immediately love but ultimately benefits from. Research has shown there are loads of positives to an occasional fast.

Exercise. Exercise puts stress on your body.
Working out actually damages your muscles, causing microscopic tears that your body then rushes to heal. This makes your muscles stronger and more resistant to any further “damage” you might cause them. Regular exercise is the most popular way people unintentionally help their bodies cleanse themselves.

Our body’s innate recycling program.

as with anything posted, go off and read more on it if interested. But the ketosis, non-eating times we do fast without foods, the exercise we all should be getting (and I ain't saying the gym only here, lol, get out and move, bike, hike, kayak I what I do cause I ain't hitting no gym ever again in my life...heehee) ALL CONTRIBUTE to Autophagy which the body requires.

I like to check around and find some new to me info that always goes with being in a deep keto state. It is nice to know how I eat, what it gives me naturally, like easy no hunger, non-eating times are helping me and not going against me.....so this is good positive things.