View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, May-15-20, 10:04

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 247/242/200 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Eye Health and Obesity

I've been taking eye drops for high pressure in my eyes, but side effects are giving me problems. I cut down the last two days and a lot of the dizziness/brain fog is better. It occured to me that losing weight MIGHT help regarding pressure in the eyes, so I googled it and low and behold:

"According to the Beaver Dam Eye Study, obesity is linked to elevated pressure inside the eyes known as intraocular pressure. Glaucoma is a family of eye diseases that is characterized by increased intraocular pressure, but studies do not necessarily indicate that glaucoma is related to obesity. However, increased eye pressure could increase your risk of developing glaucoma in the future."

"Other eye conditions such as diabetic retinopathy, age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, floppy eyelid syndrome, and thyroid eye disease have varying degrees of correlation to obesity."

I'm going to make an appointment to see an eye doctor but wonder how that will be possible during the lockdowns etc. Guess the only way to find out is to call and make an appointment!

https://yoursightmatters.com/body-w...-vision-health/
Sponsored Links