View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Sep-16-09, 11:22
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/209/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 35%

You know, my point in posting this separately was because I originally posted it in the "Extended Induction" Atkins group - however it was moved by the moderators. (I don't think they read it in it's entirety) ...my point was not to just be "yet another reviewer" of this -- it was to compare it to Atkins Extended Induction - and inform those folks (on induction) that this (In My Opinion) is a nicely refined "Induction phase" that incorporates a TON of what I learned on the Atkins forums.

All kinds of Atkins Induction folks use the egg creams. I think a key is to keep the PROTEIN up in them (i.e. the Protein Powder). I personally do NOT use the Ribose. No need. I DO add the leucine (which I've not read on the Atkins board) - I researched and it makes sense and is worth a try. I don't think it would be the end of the world if you didn't add it but kept the rest on target.

Also like "extended Induction" on Atkins - i am hearing "try a 'meat fast' if you stall! Well this is exactly the same suggestion (weeks 3 and 4). They even say that.

And finally, if you have more to loose than what is in 6 weeks time --- they explain to "cycle" the weeks and how - Very similar once again to extending induction. However, I do think the cycling makes sense - we often read about not letting your body think it's "starving" and to cycle carbs or calories. This, again IMO, gives a little better guideline to those folks wanting to extend "Induction" in the Atkins world.

I personally stick to low/no grains (I struggle with them and they stall or cause me to outright gain) as well as I do minimal fruit -- much closer to Atkins. It works for me. I am very conscientious about a very good MultiVitamin -- this book gives some good "minimum guidelines" that i found helpful -- AS WELL AS stressing stressing stressing to keep your POTASSIUM up during this period (thru supplements as well as diet). I had been having some leg cramping during induction - Gone!

I really was hoping that this would be helpful to "Induction" folks....the light bulb came on for me as to how to refine it for those of us who stall or lose little to nothing -- if you're one of those lucky folks who are dropping 20-30 pounds in the 2-3 week Induction phase -- don't bother yet. But if you hit stalls...this is a great one to try again, IMO.