View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 19:25

Plan: Protein Power LP Dilletan
Stats: 164/145/138 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 73%

I've changed my mind. After reading Dr. Enig's article and all the politics, back-stabbing, and corruption that has happened during the last 50 years over the cholesterol/saturated fat and low-fat diets issue, I see quite clearly that there was manipulation all the way around. It sounds like Godfather Part IV. Yes, I am crying conspiracy, dirty-dealing, and strong-arm tactics.

I work in the medical field and deal with data and studies for publication in peer-reviewed medical journals all the time. In fact, it is so common that it has become a joke and a slogun and you can even buy T-shirts with this on it:
"When all else fails, manipulate the data."

I've seen it done first-hand on a small scale, but not to the extent of big business that has boycotted any data except that which they wanted to be published and recognized, as was outlined by Dr. Enig in her article The Oiling of America.

As far as Ornish is concerned, I think he is a duped pawn in all this. He has a pet theory and wishes it to be proven. But he is small-fry compared to what Dr. Enig describes went on in big business, government, and the medical profession. It all boils down to the same thing every time: MONEY!

Read the article that made me cry conspiracy:
http://www.westonaprice.org/know_your_fats/oiling.html