View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Jun-13-10, 21:46

Plan: i don't know yet
Stats: 227/220/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default My Unorthodox Sleep Aide

I have diagnosed Fibromyalgia and its related sleep disorder but I don't go the way of taking your normal sleep aids. I did for years with no good results.

When I was a child I was hyper-active and used to get coffee with milk and sugar to calm me down as I was born pre Ritalin.

I have found that if I have a cup of regular coffee caffeine and all or a mug of hot or cold Chocolate Ovaltine, I don't need to take any sleeping medication.

I am not saying that this is a wide spread treatment, but it works for me, so ask your doctor about trying it if you think I‘m crazy.

I would suggest that you NOT try this on a night before a work day or an important appointment, but if you are as tired of having to take pills without a getting a good outcome as I am, it is at least worth one potentially sleepless night and you may be surprised and enjoy the more restful sleep that I have found since resuming my childhood ritual. (I had terrible nights with full body spasms and cramping of arms, legs and feet in the past, so any restorative sleep is a miracle for me.)

Remember I have a different way of physically processing things. Both of my sisters cannot have caffeine or chocolate after 3 or 4 pm and get any sleep. It just seems to me a simple old fashioned non-medicinal method that actually does work for someone with diagnosed Fibromyalgia might be worth feeling silly and giving it a try.

Best wishes,

Lizz