#14   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-18, 21:05

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
I didnot fully understand how home school could work and that with a little support on the process could have done it.

Met a lot of home schooled kids along the way, and they have the best shot of a happy future.

More well rounded, working with other people, self directed, eating wholesome foods ( if that is a priority). Many home schoolers are on a farm so they can balance geting out into the fresh air and working with education.

It's really hard when it's so unknown and there is so much pressure for traditional school. It depends on where you live, too. We live in a state with excellent public cyberschool options that made it really easy. My kids are really thriving not really because of their education but because they had room to breathe and figure out who they really were. It's never too late to "homeschool", though. As an adult who committed to that lifestyle with the kids, I swear it affected me the most positively. I myself became the learner I never was as a kid and it has given me a lot of joy and contentment. We lived in the city - almost right downtown - but we did all the farm stuff which just cracks me up now that we ever managed it all in our inner city rowhouse. We had chickens, a giant garden reclaimed from an abandoned lot across the street, the kids have helped slaughter ducks, all that stuff. It was great!