#1   ^
Old Sat, May-11-19, 06:33
Registered Member

Plan: Dirty Carnivore
Stats: 140/140/000 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Listening to my body

Hi Everyone. I have just been conducting an experiment this past week because I thought I wanted to eat "normally." What a lesson I learned

I stuffed myself with bread, a ton of fruit, and vegetables, and ate almost no meat. My taste buds were thrilled I must say - I had been eating very low carb for a long time and had been denying myself a lot of things.

Fast forward to yesterday. I woke up swollen, with achy wrists and ankles, a tummy sticking out as if I were 6 months preggers! Not pretty.

See, I thought that if I let my body tell me what I needed things would sort themselves out and I could "be like everyone else" eating "normally." It turns out I have to use my intellect not just my taste buds. My intellect tells me today what it has been telling me for years: Hey, stupid! Carbs are tasty, maybe, but your body doesn't like them, so wake up!!

Anyway, here I am. I don't have much actual weight to lose but I have a lot of "mental weight" to shift. I guess I have to face the fact that there are things in this life we can't have, but we have to adjust our thinking and be smart - we can use our brains to find the perfect food fit.

I'm looking forward to meeting lots of you who have been through the same kind of wake up I have.
Sponsored Links