View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-16, 13:05

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

I'm a PP follower. First, started in 2000 with the original book. Loved that book with all the scientific explanations--I was a bit sad that they skimmed some of that off for the 2nd version.

I lost about 30 lbs and then life got me really off track, as it does. But, I've still mostly followed a LC WOE since then. It's helping me stave off diabetes, which runs in my family, keep my cholesterol and blood stats in good shape, and helps manage my ADHD.

I've been focused again on losing weight and have lost about 12 lbs. since the beginning of May.

I like how simple the plan is: Don't eat too many carbohydrates. Eat enough protein. Eat whatever other food you want. Maybe, if you're over 50 or getting close to goal, you might want to take a look at your calorie consumption, in a casual, drive-by sort of way.

I just read another post where people are getting into crazy details about which week you're allowed to eat berries or cottage cheese and whether you should eat a tablespoon of salsa because of the "sugar" even if it does fit your carb counts. Yikes. Too complicated for me.

I also love--and this is true of all LC plans--that I eat so many more vegetables, than I did before. It's not a prescribed thing, but it just seems to come along so naturally while we're looking for yummy things to put on our plates.

Back in the day, I was active on the PP forum that had started on the Eades old website and then moved to an off-site forum. It imploded from spam attacks and I still wonder where some of those great folks went.