View Single Post
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 04:06

Plan: Protein Power/a la carte!
Stats: -/-/150 Female 66 inches
BF:Yes!
Progress: 49%

Hi Brona,
Well, unfortunately, that's what you'll get from the established medical community. As a diabetic, that's also what I get, with even more dire warnings! But I am feeling better now than I have for years, while controlling my diabetes without any medication, so I just let them rant. My bloodwork speaks for itself - my cholesterol initially went DOWN, then went up marginally, but even one of the docs at the surgery said it was nothing to worry about as the ratios were good (he didn't know about my LC!).
Be sure to ask for ALL the figures for your results, LDL, HDL, Trig - get a printout, they can't refuse under freedom of information. Then you can post them here and someone will be able to interpret them for you.
We all have to take charge of our health and do the research for ourselves - that's not to say we ignore our doctors, just that we have to see beyond the prejudice against Atkins and LC to the truth as it affects us. There are many more vested interests involved in this issue, including drug companies and food producers. The truth may be out there, but it can be very hard to identify - you just have to take your menu and make your own INFORMED choice.
Babs